So this morning I went to the equivalent of the dmv in the states. A quick sidenote I've learned that bureaucracy is bureaucracy wherever you are. So Suliman works his super human bureaucratic abilities to get us right in to where we need to be. We go back and forth like pin balls between 4 different people. Only to find out they won' t accept the copy of my license because it was issued 11.21.09. Well it expired 12.31.09, so of course I thought I need to get a new license before I leave and was proud that I remembered to get that taken care of.
Aparently, some one has to have a license for a year in this country before they'll issue them one. I did my best to explain that I couldn't of have obtained that license without a previous license. As frustration set in at their ridiculous logic I tried my best to explain to Suliman that I've held a US license for 10 years and that every few years you have to renew your license or else you can't drive in the US. The only thing he could repeat was the law was different here and time after time I told him I understand, but it was an illogical rule. But their only concern was the date of issue. Then I got sad when I realized I've been driving for a decade.
Bureaucracy won today....but the real victory is still to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment