I no longer pay attention to days of the weeks...its only about the date. The second date is how they date things over here. Which isn't too confusing unless it's early in the month.
So we've decided to go with sheena as our house maid. We are hopeful that all the details will be worked out quickly and we can get her here quickly.
I found out from Salim yesterday that there was some issue with obtaining residence visas for some expat employees, which is a long boring story filled with even more ridiculous bureaucracy nonsense. But the really cool thing is Salim is so awesome and has so many contacts in the ministry that he was able to sit down and talk with the Prime Minister about issues with some employee residence visas. It's crazy how many people he knows. I imagine residence visa issues aren't an important part of the Prime Ministers duties.
My previous blog was about Sulieman and I become better friends. Well yesterday we were running an errand to a company...and this time I actually happened to know exactly where the building was so I just road with him. Like everywhere there wasn't any parking...so sulieman parked in the ceo parking spot, which was clearly marked by a sign that said ceo on it. Well not two minutes later after suliman had left to drop off the package the CEO pulls up and angrily points to his parking spot. So naturally i hop in the drivers seat and move sulieman's car. Sulieman comes out gets in the car and I tell him he was an angry CEO. So Sulieman proceeded to curse at the man inside the safety of his own car. He even dropped an f-bomb. Truthfully, with his accent it was pretty hilarious to listen to his biligerent language. But he was saying stuff a teenager would say for another dude giving you a dirty look. I really wanted to say to Sulieman...what would allah do?
So Jack's vocabulary is on the brink of explosion. Last night we went to examine the process of our landscape and the moon was out. So naturally I pointed to it and said "moon". Then like the word has been in his small arsenal the whole time he shoots back to me "moon". He keeps saying "love you" and "bye bye". Which I think is from hearing me say that to him every morning. Aparently, yesterday morning after I left, Jack went and grabbed his briefcase, kissed Hudd, and said "bye, bye" as he proceeded to exit the house to go to work. I wasn't their to see this one, but La said she was cracking up. I feel like he's getting more fun by the day. In other news....Hudd has officially mastered laying down and looking cute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
oooooh, just what we have been waiting for "Jack's language explosion"!! Can't wait to talk to him & see Hudd just 'looking so cute"!! WE Love you ALL
ReplyDeletePapa & G'ma