Monday, December 7, 2009

I'm an Omani

It's official....I'm an Omani (read like Billy Zane saying, "It's official its a walk off", from Zoolander). I have to come up with a more clever way to tag movie quotes. Any way, after an hour of waiting in numerous lines with lots and lots of Indian's I'm officially an Oman resident.

Last night we went and bought an 8 foot Christmas tree at Carfour aka walmart. It was cheap as far as fake trees go, about $40 bucks. I'm sure its from China and will eventually kill us with all its toxin's (right La?). The interesting part about our trip wasn't that we found a tree, there are lots over here. It's the fact that we did some grocery shopping and bought a tree with all four of us. The shopping carts here are 4 wheel drive....it's pretty much like drifting in a car. So la was pushing jack in our sweet umbrella stroller, while I had hudd strapped in his carrier on top of the cart and the tree balancing over the basket part of the cart that held our groceries. And we had to go up a ramped escaltor that had a 35 degree incline. It was pretty hilarious pushing that through the mall....hudd enjoyed the bumpy ride but hated the soft quiet ride up the escalator.

Any way we'll try to get pics up of our tree, we haven't quite finished decorating. The good news is we did get senuti to work and now have a plethora of christmas songs to aide us in enjoying the season in 70 degree weather. Not to mention we've managed to watch the Grinch 45 times in 3 days, which isn't as awesome as it sounds.

2 comments:

  1. HaHa!!!! We can so relate!! Thanks to Disney!!
    Pretty impressive, would of liked to see your trip through store!! ha! Can't wait to see your house decorated!!
    Love you ALL,
    Papa & G'ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree!!! I guess we should return that movie Grinch that we we're getting for the boys this Christmas, huh? Love ya, Big Bob & Nana

    ReplyDelete