So I blogged about the first attempt to get my omani license and how that was an utter failure. Well the second attempt wasn't much better. I got in for the vision test really quickly and we waited around for 15 minutes only to realize that because my license doesn't have an original issue date (the date I first got my license, about 10 years ago) they could not issue me a license that was not active for a year. In case you missed the last post, I got a new license before I left because mine expires at the end of January. So the date of 11/21/09 on date of issue tells the omani's that I've only had my license for a month. So we left that day again feeling defeated.
Well yesterday we made another trip only after I found a copy of my previous license. We still had some issues. One of the workers there told Suliaman that the copy wasn't clear enough (for the record everything was readable). So Suliaman went way over his head to a Major that worked there and got his handwritten approval. So I did get a license but it took 2.5 hours and 3 trips.
Also, Suliaman and I have become friends. He's actually pretty funny and jokes a lot with me, even enough for us to have an actual inside joke. It's especially hilarious when he tries to talk gangster and makes fun of rap. Still he has a bit of mischieviousness about him that I'm not too sure about.
Last night we had a barbque at our office. We had a lot of fun. The villa we work at has a huge grounds and Jack was able to run all over the place. Salim, Suliaman, and even Abas (the tea boy) played with Jack. It's impressive how much they enjoy kids over here. And Salim was kind enough to grab Hudd from Laurel so she could eat. Salim is just awesome, I know I've said that before, but he's such a good dude. La and him got into a discussion about the younger generation of Oman and how they've had everything handed to them and have failed to learn how to do things themselves. Which Laurel laughed and explained the same issue with the current younger generation in the States. Ah...arrested development. I miss those shows, can't wait for our sea shipment to get hear. It ports today (the 28th).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment