So yesterday, the 21st, I get a phone call from a not so great english speaking Indian. It took me about 5 minutes of doing the "Who's on First, What's on Second" routine before I realized he was the delivery guy from our Ikea shipment. Let me try to explain why this is awesome.
A. Everything here has taken longer than people have told, i.e. our air shipment that is now approaching a month to get here, we were told two weeks. The Ikea lady told me it would be here the 26th. This in itself is a miracle.
2. While things are obviously not what we live for, it will be nice to get to open these items Christmas morning, since La and I agreed to a slender budget. And it'll be more fun to put together on Christmas day, there will be lots of assembly required.
D. When you live in a huge empty house, having things in that space really helps make it feel homey.
Admittedly, we are starting to miss our stuff, but I did find out that our sea freight will be here next week, who knows how long it will sit in customs. I'm still baffled our air freight has taken this long. I bet it's because we shipped a computer with those things. We'd really just like the jogger, crib, and my tools, maybe they can make a deal.
In more important news do you know what today is? I know our good friend the ridiculously good looking JORDAN SATARAWALA knows. It's haunted him for 3 long years. Haha...we love you Wala.
p.s. if you don't know what movie A. 2. D. is referencing I suggest you search the quote "A, I'm not that lucky. 2, we have smoke detectors and D, we live in the most boring street in the United States of America where nothing even remotely dangerous will ever happen." and then watch the movie before Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh Man! HAHAHA! Jack is brilliant! I think he gets it from his favorite Aunt Jenni!! :) <3 you guys!
ReplyDeleteHome Alone of course!!! Classic! Happy Anniversary! love you!!!
ReplyDeleteI asked for that movie for Christmas b/c my parents have the copy I grew up on! LOVE IT!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary you two! Love you both!