I was feeling a little discouraged about the selling of our house. We need to sell it in 60 days. I was kinda antsy and just not peaceful. So, I just sat down and read some verses two days ago. Here are a couple...
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind
II Timothy 1:7
For assuredly I say to you whoever says to the mountain, Be removed and be cast into the sea, and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. Therefore, I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray believe that you receive them, and you will have them.
Mark 11:23-24
Now, I don't think Christ is like Santa Clause...in the sense that he just gives when we are good. But I believe this verse above stems from having a deep relationship with Jesus. And He's good. He's always good-there is no bad in him. He LOVES to bless us and there is no condemnation. The equivalent to me is parenting. I would give the world to Jack. But I discipline him, and withhold things from him-ultimately to bless him in the long run.
So I just began casting out my worries and reflecting on these verses. And just calling on the Lord to come in and take care of the details. Well its not final at all, but I thought I would share how the Lord has come in and shown his goodness. His goodness is hard to miss and hard to deny.
We got a call yesterday from our friend/realtor Misty. A couple wanted to come see our house right away. We left the house and Misty called us about 30 minutes later. They wanted to know how soon they could move in and if they could have everything in our house. haha! They just moved from out of the country and don't have anything. Now, we can't sell them everything...but most everything. How good is God? That this couple might buy our house and buy all the things in it. We don't have to sell it, move it, store it, or ship it. This morning I was almost thankful for being discouraged because I was able to see God swoop in and say..."Here, Ill provide above and beyond your expectations." He is good. He is faithful. I'll keep ya updated on the house.
As of now...petitioning that this house will sell. And believing it will.
Jeff's on a plane to Houston...then to Norman. Jack and I can't wait.
LH
Here's a link to some pics of our house. Just copy and paste. We are going to miss it. and our neighborhood.
www.openhouseok.com/showhome.oht?&city=Norman&address=3000+Walnut+Rd&st=ok
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well, all I can say is "awesome"!!!
ReplyDeleteWell, hallelujah! Seriously, how awesome is our God?! I'm sad to see it sell because I'm sad to see you go, but it will be AMAZING! And a great vacation spot for Jacob and I!
ReplyDelete