Something that I've noticed is there are a lot of Indians living here. In addition there is a lot of Indian television programs. The Indian television is on par with the Mexican soap operas. But the Indian action movies take the cake. I was enthralled with this one movie in particular. I wish I knew the name of it I would link it just so everyone else could enjoy the ridiculousness, so I'll set the scene for you.
I turn the channel and find an Indian family running on railroad tracks attempting to escape from an angry mob wielding machete's. In a dramatic fashion one of the men (there were an unusual number of men in this family, like 5 men, 2 women, and 3 kids) carrying a child slips and falls. I wish I had a picture of his face when he's mid-fall. I can best describe it as a horrific grimace. So he's finally on the ground, the mobs gaining and of course all hope is lost. Then with perfect timing a military hummer breaks into the scene cutting off the falling grimacing man and the mob. He exits his vehicle and helps the man up. By this time the mob has gained and he turns to face them. The feel I got from this character is he's like a cross between a not limber bruce lee and tuby Arnold Schwarzenegger. So queue the choreographed fight scene. A couple round house kicks, that look like it causes our hero more anguish than his assailants, and a few swift judo chops and he's succesfully buys his Indian family sometime to escape more mob members.
That was like 30 seconds of the movie. And all I was willing to put myself through...still hilarious none the less.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you're a great writer.
ReplyDelete