Friday, August 14, 2009

Communication

I did not expect or think to expect that there would be various accents to interpret from the nationals speaking English here. I’ve had a heck of time trying to understand them. I feel like they understand me a great deal better. A few times I’ve busted out random accents. At first I didn’t realize I was speaking in a spanglish vocabulary. I actually caught myself saying si a few times, poor people had to of been so confused. Then I started using the word mate. I have no idea why, I haven’t spoken to an aussie or kiwi since I’ve been here. And then one time I was Scottish, but that was because I had dinner with a customer who happens to be a Scot the night before and I was enthralled with his accent and various William Wallace references. It’s challenging to remember how to speak like a toddler.


I think I meant that last post title as Sunday on a Friday and not the other way around.

1 comment: