So lots of things have transpired since I last posted. Mainly, lots of work stuff. I've actually been doing some real work. So here's what has transpired:
- We met some cool folks at church. They're actually in charge of high school youth group. Roger, Carolyne and their two daughters Alex and Christine, along with Christine's friend Ellie visiting from Australia. The two girls have grown up here in Oman. Rogers parents were missionaries in Japan so even though he's a Kiwi he has more of an American accent. But Carolyne has a true New Zealander accent. It was refreshing to be around some authentic people and the 3 girls reminded us how much we enjoy high school aged kids. Also, La made some killer enchiladas and homemade Holli B style salsa...I drank that stuff.
- I've had a lot of meetings this week. One of which was with a guy who has been representing us here for 11 years. He's a Palestinian from Jerusalem. Quite the character and has a very good business mind. But I got to try some sweets from Jerusalem. They were pistachios, honey, and a cake like thing in tiny little squares. Seriously, best new thing I've tried since this excursion has began. I've made it a personal goal to get a hold of these and spread the share with the world what they're missing out on.
- Our landscaping is almost done. It's been well over a month..and i was originally told 10 days. I imagine it's tough for them to get work done when I come home for lunch and see guys napping in our backyard and then I come home from work and they're still naping. Seriously with what they did I myself could've accomplished that in two weekends.
- We got plans to have our pool gate built. Even more importantly I talked this guy into building me a pull up bar. This is huge since I've searched high and low for the materials to do it myself on to be found wanting.
- We met some other cool people at a differnt congretion that La went to. They had a cell group and we went and checked it out. The people were very welcoming and it was a joy to worship with different members of the Body.
- Lastly, we've found a car. It's a bit more than we wanted to spend, but the deal was too good to pass up. Its a 2006 volvo XC 90. Thanks to Salim who's aunt was selling it for an associate who has already left the country we got the family deal. This is not only the nicest suv I've looked at but also the cheapest I've seen. And I have adimently looked at cars everyday for nearly 3 solid weeks.
This post is already too long. I'll be posting pictures of my new favorite hobby in the next post.
Oh and obviously the most important thing....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LBDH!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You know I stalk your blog--AND I got a shout out! I feel so special!!!! Miss you guys crazy ridiculous but love what a great life you're building there in Oman. Love it!
ReplyDelete