So yesterday I was sitting in my office getting organized before I went to view a couple more villas and in walks Sudaman. If you remember correctly Sudaman is one of our Omani employees who works in the office. He came in and we greeted each other and I asked him if he had a busy day trying to get some signatures at the ministry and he obviously didn't understand and replied in some gibberish. And then... Sudaman slowly began to back away from my desk...in sort of a strange way, like he wanted something, but he wasn't making eye contact. So I went back to doing what I was doing thinking surely he means to leave and wasn't sure how to end that social interaction.
I then realize he made his way into my bathroom. This is strange on 4 different levels. 1. There are like 5 other bathrooms in this place. 2. At this time there was only 3 other people in the office, thus confirming the availbility of other facilities. 3. Its in my office. 4. This isn't the closest bathroom for Sudaman. Instantaneously these thoughts go through my head as I'm chuckling that he's obviously taking liberty to indulge in a post noon poop party. So a few minutes go by and I hear the kitchen sink hose thats next to the cammode turn on and run for an unusual amount of time. At this point I'm doing my best to laugh silently. And then Sudaman exits the bathroom and walks briskly out of my office. In my mind that had to be some sort of emergency situation for Sudaman to be bold enough to do that. The only other possibility is he was messing with me...which is pretty hilarious but he has yet to show the confidence to be able to pull that off.
In more good news we found a villa and I'm surprised, although I shouldn't be, at how easy the process is. I'll get the keys tomorrow when I hand deliver the 2 6 month rent checks. And then I'll go pick out furniture so we can live in the villa upon our arrival. That my seem like a small accomplishment, but the other Lufkin employees over here were forced to endure 3 weeks in a hotel prior to moving in and on top of that had to wait another 2 -3 weeks for furniture to be delivered. So I assure you its a victory...actually I would call it a sovereign victory.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment