
Quick pic of Hudd....will update birth story and pics sooooon. I promise.
I just wanted to post this first. Jeff's Grandpa died last Thursday. I was reading in Ecclesiastes last thursday morning-
Ecclesiastes 3
A Time for Everything
1 There is a time for everything,and a season for every activity under heaven:
2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
I see Hudd's birth and new life honoring Jeff's Grandpa's life here on earth. In the span of three days we had that season of death and life that King Solomon talks about. Jeff drove back for the funeral and got to speak at it. He sent me his notes so I could read them. What he had to say was so good and I wanted to share it with everyone because its truth. and truth resonates deep within us.
"It is so cool to me that I don’t know most of you.
But I feel like I should introduce myself. I’m the smartest, sweetest, most handsome 25 year old ever.
Well at least that’s what Papa told me.
Truthfully the way I see it I’m the shortest, hairest, baldest, and biggest eared of all the Hanson men. Thanks Hansons for those genese that’s awesome.
I must be honest I feel a bit like I’ve disobeyed Papa’s wishes by being here.
Two days ago my wife and I’s second son Hudd Gabriel Hanson was born. I could hear Papa telling me “Jeffy Boy don’t you come up here on my account, you take care of that sweet little family of yours.”
I don’t think I could ever get tired of him referring to me as Jeffy Boy. In fact a week ago when I spoke to him on the phone he referred to our first son Jack as Jackie Boy and it brought me great joy to hear him say that about my son.
Oh I am so grateful for such a solid grandpa.
There’s a song and I couldn’t tell you the title or much less sing it for you, but the lyrics that stick out are “A thankful heart prepares the way.”
So I’m going to do something a little strange and I’m going to pray that gratefulness over us right now. (Prayer of Gratefulness)
Oh wow…Big Papa. Some of you might not know, but it was actually me who named him that. In no way does is that actually significant, but its funny to think that the name Big Papa has stuck.
What an honor it is to get up here and speak to you about this man.
There are so many little stories I could share.
But that isn’t what I want to talk about.
I want to let you all in on a little secret. We all die. Even Jesus, the only man to ever live without any fault, died. But 3 days later Jesus rose…thus thoroughly defeating death. The war is over…our Lord is victorious. An image that pops in my head is similar to epic battle scenes like are read in The Illiad. And I picture Jesus on this white horse that appears to be consumed by fire leading a charge against the very Gates of Hell. You see Gates were often a kingdom’s last system of defense. And our God, with ease steam rolled over those gates and put death in its place. There is no death in the KINGDOM of the LORD.
I confess I don’t fully understand what the life after life after death looks like. But truthfully it doesn’t matter. To be in the Presence of Jesus is my one hearts desire.
And I tell you that to remind you that today Big Papa is singing praises and worshipping the Lord. And maybe some of you are skeptical of me saying that…but I have proof.
My proof is Big Papa’s fruit. You see any spiritual truth has a natural reality to it.
No doubt all of you are familiar with the way in which he greeted people.
I can only speak from my perspective of a grandson. But when he greeted me it made me feel as if I was the most important person his eyes had seen. (Best impersonation).
You see It could be 3 words…a simple greeting to most, but those words were so life giving. That gift he possessed to make people feel important is not normal.
I was talking with my mom yesterday and we realized that I’ve lived in
Papa accomplished more with one hand than majority of people do with two.
Conclusion:
The
And it is with absolute certainty that I will one day sing praises side by side with him in the Kingdom of our Heavenly Father.
I seriously hope I will recognize him in his more perfectly human self. This sorrow is not sustainable and joy always gives way in the morning.
Thank you all for honoring this man with your presence."
Well, as I write my comment I'm wiping away my tears. That was awesome Jeff!!! I'm glad you shared that with us La!! Yes, I'm sad that I never met Big Papa! He certainly IS a great man, as one can tell from Jeff's comments. I hope to meet him also when I leave this earth!!! Love you guys!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOkay, I didn't even say anything about Hudd. Well, I was there the next day after he was born. Great looking baby!!! He's got a good grip and can let you know when he needs something. And Jack has warmed right up to him. What great parents!!!!
ReplyDelete