Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!!

As I was reflecting on Christ's resurrection I thought to myself "Jesus rose for me today". I'm still chewing on this, but perhaps I should begin replacing "Jesus died for you" with "Jesus rose for you". It's so cool to me that even death couldn't bind him. After he took on all sin, including death, he got up. His defiance of the grave is what grants us access to our King. Jesus you are holy, holy, holy...Thanks be to You.


On another note...I've had some lyrics stuck in my head all day from a song I haven't heard in a long while. It's from the song "Girl in the War" by Josh Ritter. The lyrics I keep singing go like this: "Paul said to Peter you got to rock yourself a little harder...Pretend the dove from above is a dragon and your feet are on fire." I love that line.

I've looked all over the internet and have not been able to find exactly what I see in my head when I say those words. So I'll try to describe it: A blur of a white dove, wings slightly arched as it's descending rapidly with a trail of fire trailing it, kind of like how the jet wash of a fighter jet is visible when it's after burners kick in.

No comments:

Post a Comment