Wow, 3 weeks have gone by since the last blog. My apologies for such a long delay, but lots of things have transpired. I'm sure you all know about the little hospital stay La had because of that really fun food poisoning. And the last week and a half I've been consumed with two tenders (contracts) that have surprisingly surfaced. Luckily, I just returned from delivering a tender to a company in Bahrain and we have a bit more time on the 2nd one.
So here's what I've learned the past couple weeks:
-For work we've had two tenders come up unexpectedly. I believe this to be but yet another example of the Lord's favor. I've only been here 3 months and to see these two huge tenders unexpectedly has never been heard of.
- My wife is awesome. I can't imagine how fun it was for her to be sick for as long as she was. It's been evident for sometime that she's much tougher than I am, I've only now been able to publicly admit it. And I'm not just talking mentally/physically tougher, but rather how tough she is in the sense of being powerfully and deeply rooted in the Lord.
Example: she's in the hospital, literally the sickest I've ever seen her, and she still manages to pray for one of the nurses. Upon reflection of what my perspective was during that time I realized how seriously selfish my prayers were. My focus was on MY wife and MY family (which is funny in itself because the Lord totally gave those things to me, so I can't really claim it as belonging to me in the first place, seriously all I have has been given to me). I believe the "MINE" perspective is the definition of a carnally minded christian. My focus should never cease being on Jesus. When La told me that she got to (and I mean "got to" as in it was a privilege) pray for a nurse, instantly I thought to myself..."Oh, ok Lord. So that's how you work all things for good." And to be clear it wasn't God who put La in the hospital or made her sick, He is good all the time and that would violate his Goodness nature, but rather he used her illness for good. That good being whatever the nurse needed and likewise my own perspective change.
God is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like you guys.
ReplyDeletelaurel has always been strong. seriously la - you will go through anything and can go through anything. if i needed one person by my side i would chose you. i mean you can just take care of anything, and always point us back to good.
ReplyDeleteand jeff you are awesome for seeing her so clearly. im thankful for you.
i'm sad you were sick laurel. you are such an example for me.
and whever you went jeff to deliver that contract. that's crazy. never heard of it.
yall are rad. but i miss yous.
xoxo