So I arrived to my hotel in India at 4am. Little did I know that would happen again a mere two days later when my return flight into Muscat was delayed. I flew into Delhi on Emirates Airlines. This is the first time I've flown them and am looking forward to my frequent flier miles. In business class each seat had a 20 some odd inch tv in the headrest in front of it and every thing was inlaid with wood trim. Not to mention I'm pretty sure they had about 200 plus movies to choose from and all were hd. If you ever get a chance fly this airline. Even the economy class gets hot towels prior to take off and landing.
So I arrive to a busy airport. The thing I've learned is all the international flights arrive in the middle of the night. So I make a routine exit of the airport and find my hotel driver. I'm checking in and they tell me they're putting me in the Presidential suite. I laughed and said of course...any one who arrives at 4am gets the Presidential suite. The hotel was nice, but the great thing was they had an actual gym.
So of course I took advantage of the gym. I wore my Vibram Five Fingers and had multiple folks tell me I wasn't allowed to wear slippers. It took some convincing that they were for working out. So two things I haven't been able to do in our villa...heavy back squat and pullups. Luckily, they had both. So I do a heavy squat workout and move onto pullups. I did like 70 pullups in a 5 minute span. And when I was done I noticed my bicep and forearms around my elbows were really tight. I couldn't lower my arms. I looked like Tommy Callahan asking someone if they knew were the weight room was. I didn't think of it too much, but as time went on I noticed they were getting tighter and not loosening up. It's been 3 days since that workout and I'm still hurting, only now I can actually lower my arms. I was growing really annoyed with my t-rex arms, but there was nothing I could do, my arms are still pretty swollen. Thank goodness for ice. Thats what I get for not doing pull ups for two months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment